|IOLITE Original – Vape Vitals|
|Manufacturer||Oglelsby & Butler|
|Replacement Parts||See Them All|
The IOLITE Original is a revolutionary portable vaporizer designed by a company with more than 25 years of experience in the field of portable heat-controlled units. This pocket-sized vaporizer gives the user true freedom by eliminating cords and batteries. Using a patented flame-less butane catalytic heater, the IOLITE Original heats up in just minutes. Virtually silent, the IOLITE Original offers discreet use in almost any setting.
See User Guides below for full usage information.
Using Your IOLITE
Quick Overview: Once the IOLITE is filled and heated up, simply fill the mouthpiece heating chamber, and insert into the IOLITE, and begin drawing. The heater will kick on periodically to ensure the heating chamber is always at the correct temperatures.
1. Fill With Fuel
Switch IOLITE to the “off” position before filling.
With the Gas Input Valve facing upwards, push butane canister down into the valve.
Stop filling when gas spills from the valve.
TIP: If the IOLITE tank is completely empty, switch on the gas for 15 seconds before igniting.
2. Load Filling Chamber
Remove Filling Chamber and load finely ground blends. Replace Filling Chamber.
TIP: Load blends up to 3/4 capacity of the Filling Chamber.
3.Turn It On
Turn IOLITE on and push ignition button. You may need to try a few times before IOLITE ignites.
The orange indicator light will become visible. The light will turn off after 60 seconds, once optimum temperature is reached,
Slowly draw as if you are sipping on a hot cup of tea.
A full load should last roughly 10 – 15 minutes.
5. Turn it Off.
Empty the Filling Chamber (Careful! The Filling Chamber gets hot!)
Replace Filling Chamber.
Turn IOLITE off.
During this time, a clearly visible temperature light located in the side will glow orange. When this light goes off, the unit is ready to use.
Used correctly, butane gas is perfectly fine and IOLITE has been making products that are powered by butane since 1984. It’s also worth mentioning that butane gas is used in everyday products like shaving foam and aerosols, so you could already be using it on and over your body.
Use caution your first time, as butane can escape during this process. Keep the can and port perfectly aligned to create the best seal.
Make sure it is at least 5x filtered. Best practice is to buy your butane by the case; we aren’t saying this in order to sell you a case, rather owner have reported the most success when using the same type of butane consistently in the Original.
Using varying brands and qualities of butane has adverse effects on the performance. We have butane by the can or the case. Butane can only be shipped via Ground services.
A: It depends on the material that you choose to use. On average you’ll get between 10 and 15 pulls. An average session is about 15 minutes long.
Please note, we strongly recommend that you don’t cram the chamber with your blend. This will reduce the efficiency of your IOLITE and, as a result, the overall experience.
We sell an IOLITE accessory, ‘the optimizer’, which is a three-pin unit that warms up your blend even faster.
When you turn the IOLITE on, you slide the button from 0 to 1 to engage the fuel delivery. Push the bottom button in to ignite the heater. (Click again if it does ignite of the first attempt.)
Once the heater engages, its heat will illuminate the orange “light” on the side. (Its actually just a small window in to the heater that allows you to see the glow from the catalytic process).
As the chamber arrives at its proper temperatures, the heater(and orange light) will turn off. When the chamber becomes too cool for vaporization, the heater and orange light should automatically kick back on.
If repeated attempts to cycle the IOLITE have failed to ignite it, please contact us.
Use caution when removing the mouthpiece/chamber after use, it will retain heat the longest.
If you feel that you are absolutely smelling butane during normal IOLITE operation, please contact us.
Its internal thermostat will maintain the temperature by periodically turning the heater on. This process will continue until it is physically shut off, or when it runs out of fuel.
A full heating chamber will allow for thicker vapors, but be mindful not to overload it too tightly, or it will restrict airflow too much.
Varying the draw rate can help you vary the vapor quality, with slower drawing usually creating denser vapors.
As a general safety rule, do not leave the IOLITE unattended while powered on.
Cleaning & Maintenance
Always allow the IOLITE to cool COMPLETELY before cleaning, 30 minutes should be sufficient.
Do not attempt any internal or external repairs to your unit as doing so may cause fatal injury – or worse – void your warranty! (Please contact us if you feel something is wrong with your vaporizer. )
The heating chamber can be cleaned with a cotton swab that is slightly damp with alcohol. The mouthpiece and tips can be soaked in isopropyl alcohol.
Damp cotton and cloths should be sufficient to clean the unit itself, and if you have something that has become lodged in the grill, they can be removed carefully and cleaned with the included chenile sticks.
DO NOT, under any circumstances, use anything metallic to clean or dislodge debris from inside the heating chamber. If you scratch the surface, that scratch will forever be a difficult area to clean. If you must use something to dislodge debris, use plastic. Soft plastic.
Ordering – Returns – Warranty
Full warranty and contact information is available on the ‘Warranty’ tab.
If you have any other questions about the IOLITE vaporizer, please Contact us!
Vapor PathAluminum, plastic, silicone
|Product Dimensions||5.3in x 2.3in x .625in (13.5cm x 5.8cm x 1.6cm)|
|Package Dimensions||6.5in x 4.25in x 2.5in (16.5cm x 10.8cm x 6.4cm)|
|Product Weight||.21 lbs (.1 kg)|
|Package Weight||.85lbs (.39kg)|
|Heating Element||Butane Powered Catalytic Heater|
|Warm-Up Time||~30 Seconds|
|Vapor Delivery Method||Direct Draw|
|Country of Manufacture||Ireland|
Included with Purchase:
- IOLITE Original Vaporizer
- Filling Chamber & Mouthpiece
- Extended Mouthpiece
- Screen Set
- Moisture Condenser
- 2x Chenile Sticks
- Hand Tool
- IOLITE Card Grinder
- Carrying Pouch
- User Manual
IOLITE User Guides
*Adobe Reader or PDF viewer Required
IOLITE Color Options
IOLITE is available in 8 vibrant colors: Purple, Red, Blue, Green, Pink, White, Black, Yellow and Orange.
Getting the Most Out of Your IOLITE
- In between cleanings, the mouthpiece might incur some buildup, causing it to be sticky. If you are having trouble removing the mouthpiece, use the included tool, and if you are still having issues, turn the IOLITE on and allow it to heat up, this should create enough warmth so the stickiness is reduced.
- Pay attention to the type of gas you are using. Make sure it is at least 5x filtered. Best practice is to buy your butane by the case; The IOLITE prefers to use a consistent brand of butane.
- The IOLITE works best when room temperature or warmer, so if you are in a cold climate, store the IOLITE against the body before use.
- After filling with butane, allow the IOLITE to sit for 3-4 minutes. When you fill the IOLITE, the butane becomes very cold, and needs to warm up a little for best operation.
- Empty your used chamber as soon as possible after use, this will cut down on buildup.
- Check your mouthpiece screen after every spent chamber. When warm, blowing in reverse through it will keep debris from being collected.
- Want even cooler vapors? All you need is the Silicone extension tube with glass mouthpiece.
Keeping your IOLITE clean is the best way to ensure its peak performance.
- Let your IOLITE cool down completely before performing any cleaning duties.
- The mouthpiece and heating chamber will take most of the buildup. Soaking in isopropyl alcohol until the buildup has dissolved will clean them perfectly. The IOLITE comes with an screen, so while your soaking your dirty screen, you always have an extra ready to go. Lose your extra? We have extra screens available.
- To clean the chamber, use a cotton swab that is SLIGHTLY damp with isopropyl alcohol. swirl in a circular motion until all debris and buildup is removed.
- DO NOT, under any circumstances, use anything metallic to clean or dislodge debris from inside the heating chamber. If you scratch the surface, that scratch will forever be a difficult area to clean. If you must use something to dislodge debris, use plastic. Soft plastic.
- The IOLITE body can be cleaned with a warm damp cloth. Damp cotton and cloths should be sufficient to clean the unit itself, and if you have something that has become lodged in the grill, they can be removed carefully and cleaned with the included chenile sticks. Never bring liquids near the IOLITE.
- Emptying the heating chamber/mouthpiece immediately after use will cut down on the buildup you experience.
- Always allow all parts to completely air dry before use.
Need Assistance with your IOLITE?
Try these Solutions to common issues:
If you hear the gas running, but no change in sound and no heat generated after the second click, check the light on the side. Is it orange?
If you are getting no ignition, turn the unit off and allow it to sit for five minutes. Try to ignite again, and if you are unsuccessful, please contact us to see if you have a warranty issue.
If your unit is operating normally and you are seeking thicker vapors, try a slightly finer grind, and/or slow down your draw rate slightly.
Many owners find the addition of the IOLITE optimizer helps them create a richer, denser vapor.
If these troubleshooting tips don’t work, please contact us.
IOLITE Warranty Contact
All IOLITE warranty requests and service are handled by Oglesby & Butler.
- North America (USA, Canada, Mexico)
Toll Free Telephone: 888-710-3055
- Europe (& rest of the world)
Telephone: +353 (0)59 9143333
Fax: +353 (0) 59 9143577
NOTE! Your Product is a sophisticated device. O&B strongly encourages you to familiarize yourself with the user guide and instructions provided with and for the Product.
NOTE! O&B cannot and will not withhold any consumer information from any local, national or international law enforcement agencies with regards to use of any Product’s manufactured or services provided by O&B and or an O&B authorized service center.
IOLITE Warranty from IOLITE:
MANUFACTURER’S LIMITED WARRANTY FOR IOLITE VAPORIZER NOTE!
This Limited Warranty does not affect your legal (statutory) rights under your applicable national laws relating to the sale of consumer products. Oglesby & Butler Ltd (“O&B”) provides this Limited Warranty to the purchaser of O&B product(s) included in the sales package (“Product”). O&B warrants that during the warranty period O&B or an O&B authorized service company will in a commercially reasonable time remedy defects in materials, design or workmanship, free of charge by repairing or, should O&B at its discretion deem it necessary, replacing the Product in accordance with this Limited Warranty (unless otherwise required by law). This Limited Warranty is only valid and enforceable in the country where you have purchased the Product provided that O&B have intended the Product for sale in that country. However, if you have purchased the Product in a member state of the European Union, and O&B originally intended the Product for sale in one of these member states, this Limited Warranty is valid and enforceable in all member states.
The warranty period starts at the time of Product’s original purchase by the first end-user. The Product may consist of several different parts and different parts may be covered by a different warranty period (hereinafter “Warranty Period”). The Warranty Periods is Two (2) Years for the O&B device. As far as your national laws permit, the Warranty Period will not be extended or renewed or otherwise affected due to subsequent resale, O&B authorized repair or replacement of the Product. However, part(s) repaired or replacement product during the Warranty Period will be warranted for the remainder of the original Warranty Period or for Ninety (90) days from the date of repair or replacement, whichever is longer.
How to get warranty service.
If you wish to make a claim under this Limited Warranty, please return you’re Product or the affected part (if it is not the entire Product) to O&B or an O&B authorized Service Company. You can call O&B customer service (national or premium rates may apply) for further details on how to make a claim. Information about O&B and O&B authorized service companies can be found in the sales package, or on O&B websites.
Any claim under this Limited Warranty is subject to you notifying O&B or a O&B authorized service company of the alleged defect within a reasonable time of it having come to your attention and in any event no later than before the expiry of the Warranty Period. When making a claim under this Limited Warranty you will be required to provide: a) the Product (or the affected part) and b) the original proof of purchase, which clearly indicates the name and address of the seller, the date and place of purchase and the product type.
What is not covered?
1. This Limited Warranty does not cover user manuals or any third party manuals, whether downloaded or included during shipping or at any other time in the delivery chain or otherwise and in any way acquired by you. 2. This Limited Warranty does not cover a) normal wear and tear, b) defects caused by rough handling (including, without limitation, defects caused by sharp items, by prolonged exposure to the sun, by water damage, by bending, compressing or dropping, etc.), or c) defects or damage caused by misuse of the Product, including use that is contrary to the instructions provided by O&B (e.g. as set out in the Product’s user guide) and/or e) other acts beyond the reasonable control of O&B. 3. This Limited Warranty does not cover defects or alleged defects caused by the fact that the Product was used with, or connected to, any product, accessory and/or service not manufactured, or supplied by O&B or was used otherwise than for its intended use. 4. This Limited Warranty is not enforceable and is void if the Product has been opened, dismantled, modified or repaired by anyone other than O&B or an O&B authorized service center, if it is repaired using unauthorized spare parts or if the Product’s date code has been removed, erased, defaced, altered or are illegible in any way and this shall be determined at the sole discretion of O&B.5. This Limited Warranty is not enforceable and is void if the Product has been exposed to moisture, to dampness or to extreme thermal or environmental conditions or to rapid changes in such conditions, to corrosion, to oxidation, to spillage of food or liquid or to influence from chemical products.6. This Limited Warranty is not enforceable and is void if the Product is returned to O&B or an O&B authorized service center and has plant material in any devices, spare parts or accessories. 7. This Limited Warranty is not enforceable and is void if the product is filled with the incorrect fuel such as Petrol, Diesel, Propane, Lighter fuel etc. The IOLITE vaporizer is designed to solely operate on butane gas. 8. This Limited Warranty is not enforceable and is void if the Product is damaged in any way due to incorrect cleaning and maintenance. 9. This Limited Warranty does not include accessories and consumable spare parts (whether included in the IOLITE device sales package or sold separately) unless otherwise stated. 10. This Limited Warranty is not enforceable if the Product is sold through an unauthorized Internet seller. All Authorized Internet sellers have a unique seller code provided directly from Oglesby and Butler Ltd.
Other important notices
If the Product is found not to be covered by the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty, O&B and its authorized service companies reserve the right to charge a handling fee. When repairing or replacing the Product, O&B may use products or parts that are new, equivalent to new or re-conditioned. Your Product may contain country specific elements. If the Product has been re-exported from its original destination country to another country, the Product may contain country specific elements that are not considered to be a defect under this Limited Warranty. Limitation of O&B’s liability
This Limited Warranty is your sole and exclusive remedy against O&B and O&B’s sole and exclusive liability in respect of defects in your Product. This Limited Warranty replaces all other O&B warranties and liabilities, whether oral, written, (non-mandatory) statutory, contractual, in tort or otherwise, including, without limitation, and where permitted by applicable law, any implied conditions, warranties or other terms as to satisfactory quality or fitness for purpose. However, this Limited Warranty shall neither exclude nor limit 1) any of your legal (statutory) rights under the applicable national laws or 2) any of your rights against the seller of the Product. To the extent permitted by applicable law(s) O&B does not assume any liability for any loss of profit, loss of use of Products or functionality, loss of business, loss of contracts, loss of revenues or loss of anticipated savings, increased costs or expenses or for any indirect loss or damage, consequential loss or damage or special loss or damage. To the extent permitted by applicable law, O&B liability shall be limited to the purchase value of the Product. The above limitations shall not apply in case of gross negligence or intentional misuse of an IOLITE vaporizer or in case of personal injury resulting from O&B proven negligence.